Required: September 2023
Salary: Leadership Scale L3
Contract Type: Full-Time (Part-time would be considered)
Contract Term: Permanent
The Trustees of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Multi Academy Trust wish to appoint an outstanding Inclusion Lead (SENCO) to enhance the provision for St John Fisher Primary School. You will raise standards of our children’s attainment by working closely with Leadership in the strategic development of the Trust’s SEND and Inclusion policy and oversee the day-to-day operation of these policies to ensure that every child has full and equal access to the curriculum to succeed in their learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe they can and will succeed
- Be able to ensure that there are effective systems of communication within the school concerning the pupils’ needs and progression
- Liaise with Leadership to ensure an inclusive and innovative curriculum for all children with SEND and other needs
- Manage the SEN team of learning support assistants and support teachers in the development of their SEND practice
- Work alongside external agencies, parents, and professionals in supporting the child
- Be the designated teacher for SEND children and will maintain a small teaching commitment (Full-time only)
St John Fisher Primary School offers:
- Exceptionally well-behaved pupils who are proud of their school and achievements
- A strong and experienced leadership team and great staff teamwork
- Strong Church community links and a supportive Governing Body
- Excellent ICT, sports, music and creative curriculum facilities
- On-going and tailored professional development opportunities
- A beautiful learning environment
At least 3 years of experience as a SENCO/INCO and further post-graduate study in SEND and Inclusion would be desirable.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please arrange to do so by emailing Mrs Irene Nelson, H.R. Manager for the Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively
call 01279 425383. An application pack can be found at www.ourladyoffatimatrust.essex.sch.uk.
Completed CES application forms should be emailed to Mrs Irene Nelson.
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safer recruitment practices and pre-employment checks, including publicly available online checks in accordance with KSCIE guidance, these will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance, and an enhanced DBS check. We expect all staff who work for Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Multi Academy Trust to share in our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our school’s community.
The school reserves the right to appoint a candidate during the application process.
Applications must be made using the school’s downloadable application form. (CES Application Form). Available from the school website, CESEW website, or upon request.
Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd May, Noon
Shortlisting Date: Thursday 4th May
Interview Date: w/c 15th May